It’s important that you know what personal information Club de Fromage collects about you, and how we use it.
We’ve done our best to make our explanations short and easy to understand. But, if you’d like further information, or have any questions, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
If we ever make any major changes to our privacy practices, we’ll let you know. If necessary, we’ll also ask for your permission.
Our Privacy Notice has been designed with you in mind. How the notice applies to you will depend on the way in which you interact with us. For example, if you:
- purchase a ticket to one of our events, we will use the information you provide us to fulfil our obligations to you in delivering that service, and, where you’ve told us to, keep you up to date about other events that may be of interest to you; and
Your choices and rights under each scenario are explained in more detail below.
- What information we have and where we collect it from.
We collect and store different types of information about you when you buy tickets, contact us, and use our websites and social media.
- How we use your information.
We collect and use your information for lots of reasons such as sharing news of upcoming events, for marketing and as otherwise required by law.
- Who we share information with.
We have not, and never will, share your data with any third parties. The only people who see our mailing list and your data is us
- Your choices and rights.
Among other rights, you can choose whether to receive marketing from us. You also have the right to access the information we have about you.
- How we look after your information.
We’re always taking steps to make sure your information is protected and to delete it securely when we no longer need it.
- Questions and feedback.
If you have any questions or feedback about this notice, or how we handle your information, get in touch with us.
What Information We Have & Where We Get It
- When you personally sign up to our mailing list via our website
- When you purchase a ticket from us we will collect your contact and billing information.
- When you purchase tickets to one of our events, or an event for which we are a co-promoter, we will receive your information from ticket agents used to sell tickets for our promoted and co-promoted events, or the venues we hire to put on the event. This includes your name, contact details and ticket purchase information, such as number of tickets bought.
- When you use our websites or apps, we collect information such as the browser and device you’re using, your IP address, your location, the site you came from, what you did and didn’t use our site/app for, or the site you visit when you leave us.
- When you use a social media feature within our website or apps, and you post to social media platforms, the social media site will provide us with some information about you.
- If you have accessibility requirements, we want to make sure you have the best experience when attending events. To do this, we need to collect details of your requirements (which may involve you providing information about your mental or physical health).
- In the rare instances where we may collect personal information from children, we always seek parental consent and will only ever collect such information for the purposes specified when we collect it.
- We use suppliers who collate geodemographic data which assists us in better personalising our services to you. If you’d prefer that we do not do this, see the ‘Your Rights & Choices’ section below.
How We Use Your Information & Why
This section explains how we use your information and the legal basis on which we use it.
1) For the performance of our contract with you
We use your information when you enter into a contract with us (for example to buy a ticket) so we can:
- process your order
- take payment
2) For our legitimate business interests
- To conduct market research and analysis which helps improve and customise our products and services.
- For our marketing purposes, unless your consent is required for such marketing (see section 3 below).
- To send you customer service emails including booking confirmations and event reminders.
- To prevent or detect unlawful behaviour, to protect or enforce our legal rights or as otherwise permitted by law. For example, making sure tickets get into the hands of real fans. As such, we may use your information to prevent ticket touting, misuse of our intellectual property (e.g. our or our Event Partner’s brands), fraud, or other crimes.
- To create a profile about you to help us personalise our services to you. For example, if you purchase tickets to our events and only if you have consented to our marketing, we will inform you about other similar events we think you might be interested in..
- To ensure the security of our and our Event Partners’ operations.
Where you’ve given your consent
- To contact you with information or offers regarding our upcoming events, products or services – this may be via email, via push and web notifications, via SMS, or social media platforms. You can change your marketing preferences at any time, see “Your choices and rights” section below.
- To deliver tailored advertising and marketing communications on our websites and potentially any future apps
- To process your health data to meet your accessibility requirements, where specifically required and explicit consent is provided.
Who We Share Your Data With & Why
- Government agencies or other authorised bodies where permitted or required by law.
- Any successor to all or part of our business.
Your Choices & Rights
Where you have given us your consent, you can withdraw it by doing the following.
- To stop receiving our marketing you can change follow the unsubscribe instructions that are featured on all of the emails we send you or contact us and we will do it for you.
You also have rights over how your personal information is used including:
- The right to object to our processing of your data.
- The right to request that your information be erased or restricted from further use.
- The right to request a copy of the information we hold about you.
- The right to correct, amend or update information you have given us (where you have an account with us you can also do this by logging in and updating your information).
- The right to contest any automated decision we make about you. An automated decision is a decision taken without any human intervention which has legal consequences (e.g. credit checking). We don’t typically carry out automated decision making but, if we do, we will make it clear where such decisions are being made.
To exercise any of the above rights simply email us at email@example.com
Looking After Your Information
We have security measures in place to protect your information. The security measures we use will depend on the type of information collected.
We only keep your information for as long as required to provide you with the services you request, for the purposes outlined in this policy and for any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information. We will securely delete your information when it is no longer required for these purposes, in line with our company policies.
For more information, or to get a copy of the relevant documentation please contact us.
If you have any questions about the above, or our approach to privacy please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Jomi Events Ltd
Name or title of data privacy manager: Please address written enquires to the Data Privacy Manager at email@example.com
Postal address: Europa House, Goldstone Villas, Hove, BN3 3RQ
Telephone number: 07806 710236
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes.
This version was last updated on May 24th, 2018.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current so please advise us of your personal data changes via email.